• Organization around a central purpose.
• Awareness by all members of this purpose, even if some members are not directly involved with it.
• Systematic arraying of authority within a hierarchical structure.
• Strict accountability of all members for functions that they perform.
• A common set of rules to which all members work.
KeywordsShop Floor Middle Manager Consistency Factor Japanese Automobile Perfect Understanding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Suggested reading on bureaucracy
- Gordon Tullock, The Politics of Bureaucracy, Public Affairs Press, Washington, D.C., 1965.Google Scholar