Opening Remarks or Flavor Democracy and other Speculations about the State of Particle Physics or between Chemistry and Mathematics
One of the disadvantages I have found in collaborating with Nobel prizewinners is that I seldom get to give talks like this. I am always second or third choice. At any rate, I am glad to have this opportunity to talk to you, even if I am only here because Shelly Glashow is too depressed to come.
KeywordsQuark Model Charged Lepton Proton Decay Vacuum Expectation Value Pseudo Scalar Meson
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Hagiwara and B.W. Lee, Phys. Rev. D7 (1973) 459;Google Scholar
- B.W. Lee, Proc. 16th Int. Conf. on High-energy physics, Chicago-Batavia, Illinois, 1972, eds. J.D. Jackson and A. Roberts, Vol. 4, p. 249, ( NAL, Batavia, IL 1973 );Google Scholar
- H. Georgi and S.L. Glashow, Phys. Rev. D6 (1972) 2977;Google Scholar
- H. Georgi and S.L. Glashow, Phys. Rev. D6 (1972) 2977; D7 (1973) 2457;Google Scholar
- See S. Barr, Phys. Rev. D21 (1980) 1424 and references therein for more recent work.Google Scholar
- H. Georgi, A. Manohar and A. Nelson, “On the Proposition That All Fermions are Created Equal,” Physics Letters B, to be published.Google Scholar