Decomposition of the Martensite in Two-Phase Titanium Alloys
The present work is devoted to an electron microscope study of the decomposition of hexagonal martensite in α+ß titanium alloys. As previous investigations have shown, martensite decomposition in titanium alloys is heterogeneous in character.(1,2) In this connection it is of interest to study the martensite substructure and its effect on the decomposition kinetics, dispersity and distribution density of precipitating phases.
KeywordsTitanium Alloy Twin Boundary Habit Plane Tensile Ductility Martensite Plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Poljak, E. V. and Sokolova, A. Yu., Structural transformations in two-phase titanium alloys, Sb. “Novij konstrukcionnij material titan,” “Nauka,” M., 1972, p. 66.Google Scholar
- 2.Williams, J. C. Critical Review. Kinetics and phase transformations, “Titanium Science and Technology,” Plenum, New York, 1973, 3, 1433.Google Scholar
- 3.Kelly, A. and Groves, G. W., Crystallography and crystal defects. Longman, London, 1970.Google Scholar
- 4.Murzayeva, G. V. and Lerinman, R. M., Electron microscopic investigation of metastable 13-phase decomposition in titanium alloy TS6. “Fiz. metal. metalloved.,” 1970, 28, 813.Google Scholar
- 6.Urusovskaja, A. A., Formation of regions with disoriented lattice at deformation of mono-and polycrystals. “Sb. Nekotorie voprosi fiziki plastichnosti kristallov,” Izd. AN SSSR, 1960, 75.Google Scholar
- 8.Nath, B. and Lorimer, G. W., The effect of thermomechanical history of the structure and properties of a Ti-6A1–4V alloy. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Strength of Metals and Alloys., Cambridge, England, 1973, 1, 123.Google Scholar
- 10.Trenoghina, T. L., Yelkina, O. A., Lerinman, R. M., Zvereva, Z. V., Beloborodova, A. T. and Makhnev, E. S., Electron microscope study of effect of thermomechanical conditions of deformation on the structure two-phase a+ß-titanium alloys. “Fiz. metal. metalloved.,” 1975, 40, 1227.Google Scholar