Zur Differenzierung Zwischen Aeromonas Salmonicida und den Aeromonaden der Hydrophila-Punctata-Gruppe
The diagnosis of bacterial fish diseases sometimes requires the differentiation between Aeromonas salmonicida and Aeromonads of the HydrophilaPunctata-group. Immobility of A. salmonicida and its production of a brown watersoluble pigment are for differentiation of limited use, because these properties occasionally are found single or together in strains of the Hydrophila-Punctata-group. Besides A. salmonicida subsp. achromogenes and subsp. masoucida produce pigment only with delay or not at all. Other properties important for differentiation are the upper temperature limit of growth and the KCN-sensitivity of A. salmonicida. The different development on glutamate-starchphenolred-agar with addition of antibiotics was also found to be useful for differentiation of Aeromonads. 15 strains of the Hydrophila-Punctatagroup, partly colourless, partly growing brown, and 18 A. salmonicida-strains including the subspecies Achromogenes and Masoucida were tested by these methods of differentiation. 32 Aeromonasstrains showed reactions characteristic of their species or subspecies. Only an anaerogenic strain of A. hydrophila did not grow in KCN-broth, but the other reactions were typical.
KeywordsAeromonas Salmonicida Salmo Gairdneri Bacterial Fish Pathogen Salmonicida Subsp Hydrophila Subsp
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.BERGEY’S Manual of Determinative Bacteriology 8th Ed., Baltimore 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.EVELYN, T.P.T. 1971. An aberrant strain of the bacterial fish pathogen Aeromonas salmonicida. J. Fish. Res. Board Can. 28: 1629–1634.Google Scholar
- 3.HEUSCHMANN-BRUNNER, G. 1974. Zur bakteriologischer Diagnose der Aeromonas salmonicida-Infektionen der Fische. Berl. Munch. Tierärztl. Wschr. 87: 437–440.Google Scholar
- 4.Mikrobiologisches Handbuch, E. MERCK, Darmstadt.Google Scholar
- 5.PATERSON, W.D. 1974. Biochemical and serological differentiation of several pigment-producing Aeromonads. J. Fish. Res. Board Can. 31: 12591261.Google Scholar
- 7.SCHUBERT, R.H.W. 1964. Zur Taxonomie der anaerogenen Aeromonaden. Zbl. Bakt. I.Abt. Orig. 193: 343–352.Google Scholar
- 8.SCHUBERT, R.H.W. 1969. Zur Taxonomie von Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. achromogenes (SMITH 1963) Schubert 1967 und Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. masoucida KIMURA 1969. Zbl. Bakt. I.Abt. Orig. 211: 413–417.Google Scholar