Three-Wave Coupling Coefficients for Magnetized Plasmas
In order to investigate the resonant interaction between three waves it is necessary to calculate the coupling coefficiento. This has previously been done by many authors for different cases. Reviews [e.g. 1,2] thus contain numerous references to basic works, In the present paper we will reconsider a general expression, found in reference , in order to demonstrate how it can be applied to particular situations. This is illustrated by means of four specific examples.
KeywordsTransverse Wave Coupling Coefficient Stimulate Brillouin Scattering Resonant Interaction Magnetosonic Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pustovalov, V.V. and Silin, V.P. in Proceedings of the P.N. Lebedev Physics Institute (Ed. by D.V. Skobeltsyn) 61 37 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.Kaw, P.K. in Advances in Plasma Physics (Ed. by A. Simon and W.B. Thompson) 6, 179 and 207 (1976);Google Scholar
- Porkolab, M, Physica 82C, 86 (1976)Google Scholar
- 5.Kaufman, A.N. and Stenflo, L., Phys.Scripta 11, 269 1975).Google Scholar
- 6.Drake, J.F., Kaw, P'K-, Lee, Y.C., Schmidt, G, Liu, C.S. and Rosenbluth, M.N., Phys.Fluids 17, 778 (1974);Google Scholar
- Manheimer, W.M. and Ott, E., Phys. Fluids 17, 1413 (1974).Google Scholar