pp Scattering-Amplitude Measurements and a Possible Direct-Channel Resonance in pp System
In this talk I would like to discuss our results of pp elastic scattering with various spin combinations of polarized beams and polarized targets. Since experimental details have been described in our published articles,1,2,3 I will minimize my discussion.
KeywordsTotal Cross Section Differential Cross Section Spin Direction Exchange Amplitude Kane Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.I. P. Auer, E. Colton, D. Hill, K. Nield, B. Sandler, H. Spinka, Y. Watanabe, A. Yokosawa and A. Beretvas, to be published in Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- 4.There exists a plan to construct an enriched antiproton beam produced from T (private communication with B. Cox).Google Scholar
- 5.We are actually doing these to depolarize our present beam for FNAL #61 experiment (Argonne-BerkeleyFNAL-Harvard-Yale collaboration).Google Scholar
- 6.For instance, see M.J. Moravesik, The Two-Nucleon Interaction, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.For details, see Halzen & Thomas, Phys. Rev. D10, 344 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Johnson, G. Thomas and R.C. Miller, ANL-HEP-PR-76–61 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Field and P. Stevens, ANL/HEP CP 75–73, p. 28 (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.G. L. Kane and A. Seidl, Rev. Mod. Phys. 48,309 (1976). (The whole amplitude rather than the pole term is approximately degenerate.)Google Scholar
- 12.A. Diddens, Proceedings of the XVII International Conference, London, July 1974, p. I - 41.Google Scholar