A New Approach to the Mixed Valence Problem
Trying to solve the mixed valence problem can be likened to climbing a mountain: one needs first and foremost optimism, one also needs good equipment without which one is sure to fail. This short talk presents some “new equipment” for attempting the assault on the mixed valence problem.
KeywordsSpectral Function Fermi Energy Grand Canonical Ensemble Hubbard Operator Valence Fluctuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H. Keiter and J. C. Kimball, Int. J. Magn. 1 233 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.See chapter by Y. Kuramoto.Google Scholar
- 5.S. E. Barnes, J. Phys. F, 6 1375 (1976) and J. Phys. F, 7 2637 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.T. V. Ramakrishnan in: “Valence Fluctuations in Solids,” eds. L. M. Falikov, W. Hanke, M. B. Maple ( North Holland, Amsterdam 1981 ).Google Scholar
- 7.F. C. Zhang and T. K. Lee, preprint, Virginia State University (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Nozieres and C. de Dominicis, Phys. Rev., 178 1097 (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Langreth, Phys. Rev. 150 516 (1966).Google Scholar