Computer-Integrated Manufacture for Cold Roll Forming
Computer-integrated manufacture has brought about great advances in manufacturing technology and its contribution is world-wide. Cold roll forming, and in particular the design and manufacture of form-rolls, the special tooling used in the forming process, is but one such area where computer-integrated manufacture can make a positive contribution. This paper describes the development of a minicomputer-based integrated software system to provide computer aids for every aspect of work in form-roll design and manufacture, including cost estimation and production control aids. The paper also demonstrates the promising nature of the expert systems approach to computer-integrated manufacture.
KeywordsCold Roll Computer Numerical Control Numerical Control Computer Integrate Manufacture Roll Designer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buchanon D & Boddy D (1983) Organisation in the Computer Age: Technological Imperatives and Strategic Choice Gower Press, London, pp 12–13.Google Scholar
- Partridge J, Clark J & Mucci P (1984) The integration of design and manufacture through CAE systems theory and practice. Int. Conf. on Computer Aided Engineering University of Warwick, December 1984, pp 124-127.Google Scholar
- Willis R G & Sullivan K H (1984) Cutting cost and competition with integrated manufacturing systems. Industrial Engineer, February.Google Scholar
- Simmon M K (1984) Artificial intelligence for engineering design. Computer-Aided Engineering Journal, April, 75-83.Google Scholar
- Horowitz E (1975) Practical Strategies for Developing Large Software Systems Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Massachusetts.Google Scholar