Problems of Nutrition in the Aged
Part of the Nutrition and Food Science book series (NFS, volume 3)
The idea that in a progressive civilized society the State has the responsibility for its vulnerable citizens at all levels, is a relatively new concept.
KeywordsPoor Nutrition Older People Overt Manifestation Poor Dental Health Vulnerable Citizen
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Weir DR and Houser HB: Problems in the evaluation of nutritional status in chronic illness, AM J Clin Nutrition 12: 278, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.Chinn AB (ed.): Working with Older People. Vol. IV. Clinical Aspects of Aging US PHS (HEW) Publ. No. 1459, US Govt Printing Office, Washington D.C., 1971, p. 269.Google Scholar
- 4.Rudd JL and Margolin RJ: “Maintenance Therapy for the Geriatric Patient”. Charles C Thomas, Publisher, Springfield, Ill., 1968.Google Scholar
- 5.Reynolds R: Medical Interns and Chronic Disease and Attitude Study, Doctoral Thesis, Johns Hopkins University, 1970.Google Scholar
- 6.Exton-Smith AN and Stanton BR: “Report of an Investigation into the Dietary of Elderly Women Living Alone”. Papworth Everard, Pen-dragon Press, England, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.Rao DB and Kataria MS: Camberwell Nutritional Survey: The Medical Officer, No. 3065, Vol. 117: 207, 1967Google Scholar
- 8.Rao DB: Day hospitals and welfare homes in the care of the aged, J Am Geriatrics Soc 19: 781, 1971.Google Scholar
- 9.Hbffman AM (ed.): “The Daily Needs and Interests of Older People”. Charles C Thomas, Publisher, Springfield; Ill., 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Le Bovit C: The food of older persons living at home, J Am Dietet A 46: 285, 1965.Google Scholar
- 11.Fry PC, Fox HM and Linkswiler H: Nutrient intakes of healthy older women, J Am Dietet A 42; 218, 1963.Google Scholar
- 12.Food Consumption and Dietary Leyels of Households as Related to the Age of Homemakers, United States — by Region. US Dept. of Agriculture, 1955 Household Food Consumption Survey, Rep. No. 14, US Govt, Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1959.Google Scholar
- 13.Johnson B and Feniak E: Food practices and nutrient intake of elderly home-bound individuals, Canad Nutr Notes 21: 61, 1965.Google Scholar
- 14.Rao DB and Kataria MS: Dietary and clinical aspects of a nutritional survey, Brit J. Geriatric Pract. 5: 21, 1968.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1980