Protein analysis and purification is aimed at elucidating the structure and function of proteins. In order to analyze a protein, you must have a reliable detection system which unambiguously enables you to follow the target protein. This is especially true when the target molecule is in crude or even semipurified form. Often, analytical results will lay the groundwork for a successful purification scheme.
KeywordsPhosphate Buffer Saline Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Target Protein Sucrose Gradient Microfuge Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bolton AE, Hunter WM (1973): The labeling of proteins to high specific radioactivities by conjugation to a5I-containing acylating agent. Biochem J 153: 272–278Google Scholar
- Cochet C, Kashles O, Chambaz EM, Borrello I, King CR, Schlessinger J (1988): Demonstration of epidermal growth factor-induced receptor dimerization in living cells using a chemical covalent cross-linking agent. J Biol Chem 263: 3290–3295Google Scholar
- Crawford AW, Beckerle MC (1991): Purification and characterization of zyxin, an 82,000-dalton component of adherens junctions. J Biol Chem 266: 5847–5853Google Scholar
- Greenlund AC, Schreiber RD, Goeddel DV, Pennica D (1993): Interferon-gamma induces receptor dimerization in solution and on cells. J Biol Chem 268: 18103–18110Google Scholar
- Harlow E, Lane D (1988): Antibodies, A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor LaboratoryGoogle Scholar
- Kessler SW (1975): Rapid isolation of antigens from cells with a Staphlococcal protein A-antibody absorbent: parameters of the interaction of antibody-antigen complexes with protein A. J Immunol 115: 1617–1624Google Scholar
- Maciver SK, Zot HG, Pollard TD (1991): Characterization of actin filament severing actophorin from Acanthamoeba Castellanil. J Cell Biol 115: 1611–1620Google Scholar
- Rosenberg I, Cherayil B, Isselbacher KJ, Pillai S (1991): Mac-2 binding glycoproteins.J Biol Chem 266: 18731–18736Google Scholar
- Sober HA (1968): CRC Handbook of Biochemistry, Sober HA, ed. Cleveland: CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- Wong SS (1991): Chemistry of Protein Conjugation and Cross-Linking. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- Wu R, Plopper CG, Cheng P-W (1991): Mucin-like glycoprotein secreted by cultured hamster tracheal epithelial cells. Biochem J 277: 713–718Google Scholar