Periodic Solutions of Some Problems of 3-Body Type
The study of time periodic solutions of the n-body problem is a classical one. See e.g 1 The purpose of this paper is to sketch some of our recent research on the existence of time periodic solutions of Hamiltonian systems of 3-body type  This work presents a new direct variational approach to the problem.
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Hamiltonian System Unstable Manifold Homotopy Type Morse Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Poincaré, H., Les méthodes nouvelles de la mécanique céleste, Lib. Albert Blanchard, Paris, 1987.Google Scholar
- Bahri, A. and P. H. Rabinowitz, Periodic solutions of Hamiltonian systems of 3-body type,to appear, Analyse Nonlinéaire.Google Scholar
- Bahri, A., work in preparation.Google Scholar
- Hirsch, M. W., Differential Topology, Springer-Verlag 1975.Google Scholar
- Bahri, A., Critical points at infinity in some variational problems,to appear, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics.Google Scholar