Studies on the Effects of Bradykinin and Its Fragments on the Central Nervous System
Kininases were separated by DEAE-cellulose column chromatography with stepwise gradient of sodium chloride from rat whole brain. F-A which developed with 70 mM NaC1 cleaved Phe-Ser bond, F-B with 100 mM NaC1 hydrolyzed post-proline site and F-C with 150 mM NaC1 broke down bradykinin to amino acids. F-A activity was inhibited by Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe, Ser-Pro-Phe-Arg and Cly-Phe-Ser-Pro, and the two formers blocked F-B activity.
KeywordsRabbit Brain Dansyl Chloride Stepwise Gradient Dansylated Amino Acid Pharmacological Significance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Camargo, A.C.M. and F.G. Graeff, 1969, Subcellular distribution and properties of the bradykinin inactivation system in rabbit brain homogenates, Biochem. Pharmac. 18, 548.Google Scholar
- Cicilini, M.A., H. Caldo., J.D. Berti and A.C.M. Camargo, 1977, Rabbit tissue peptidases that hydrolyse the peptide hormone bradykinin, Boichem. J. 163, 433.Google Scholar
- Gray, W.R., Endogroup analysis using dansyl chloride, 1972, in: Methods in Enzymology, Vol.25, ed. C.H.W. Hirs ( Academic Press, New York ) p. 121.Google Scholar
- Iwata, H., T. Shikimi and T. Oka, 1969, Pharmacological significances of peptidase and proteinase in the brain (I), Biochern. Pharmac. 18, 119.Google Scholar
- Kameyama, T., K. Sasaki and J. Nabeshima, 1970, Contractile activities of synthetic bradykinin fragments on guinea pig ileum, Yakugaku Zasshi 22, 1006.Google Scholar
- Shikimi, T. and H. Iwata, 1970, Pharmacological significances of peptidase and proteinase in the brain (II), Biochem. Pharmac. 19, 1399.Google Scholar
- Shikimi, T., S. Houki and H. Iwata, 1970, Pharmacological significances of peptidase and proteinase in the brain (III), Japan. J. Pharmacol. 20, 169.Google Scholar