Purification of Horse Renal Kallikrein and Chemical Relations with Horse Urinary Kallikrein
Kallikrein was purified from horse kidney by several steps of chromatographic procedure and by affinity chromatography on SepharoseConcanavaline. Horse urinary kallikrein was previously purified by DE-32 hydroxylapatite and by Sephadex G-100 gel filtration. On the purified final sample of renal and urinary kallikrein the aminoacid composition and the gel electrophoretic molecular weight were determined. The ratio in uMoles between each aminoacid residue of both hydrolyzed renal and urinary kallikrein of horse is about 1,00 ± 0,30. Except for. Pro, 1/2Cys and basic aminoacid residues a good proportion was obtained. It is confirmed that the different molecular weight, respectively 47,500 for renal kallikrein and 28,000 for the urinary enzyme is an artefact of the different procedures used for the purification of horse kallikrein.
KeywordsEsterase Activity Acetone Powder Good Proportion Urinary Enzyme Aminoacid Residue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lowry, 0.H., Rosenbrough, N.J., Farr, A.L., Randall, R.J., 1951. Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. J. Biol, Chem., 193: 293.Google Scholar
- Prado, E.S., Prado, J.L., Brandi, C.M.W., 1962. Further purification and some properties of horse urinary kallikrein. Arch, int. Pharmacodyn., 137: 358,Google Scholar
- Porcelli, G., Croxatto, H.R., 1971. Purification on kininogenase from rat urine. 20: 66.Google Scholar
- Porcelli, G., Marini-Bettolo, G.B., Croxatto, H.R., Di Jorio, M. Chemical relations between renal and urinary kallikrein of rat (same issue).Google Scholar
- Porcilli, G., Marini-Bettolo, G.B., Croxatto, H.R., Di Jorio, M., Micotti, G., 1978. Purification of renal rat kallikrein and chemical relations with urinary rat kallikrein. Ital. J. Biochem., 27: 202.Google Scholar
- Schwert, G.W., Takenaka, Y., 1955. Spectrophotometric determination of trypsin and chymotrypsin, Biochem. Biophys, Acta, 16: 570.Google Scholar
- Weber, K., Osborn M., 1969. The reliability of molecular weight determination by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J. Biol. Chem., 244: 4406.Google Scholar