Ribonucleases in mouse Ascitic Tumor Cells during Ageing in Vivo and in Vitro
It is becoming apparent that the intact tissues of mammals and birds regularly possess a number of ribonucleases. The value of studies on their existence and properties therefore extends beyond probing the finer details of nucleic acid structures, to a question of their significance in cell reproduction and in differentiation of cells within and between tissues.
KeywordsAscitic Fluid Ribonuclease Activity Ascites Cell Nucleic Acid Structure L5178Y Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Razzell, W.E. Personal communication.Google Scholar
- 2.Razzell,’W.E.’ 1967. Polynucleotidases in animal tissues. Experientia 23: 321.Google Scholar
- 3.Barker,G.R. and Pavlik,J.G. 1967. Ribonuclease activity in the Ehrlich ascites tumour. Nature 215 280.Google Scholar
- 4.Fischer,,G.A. and Sartorelli, A.C. 1964. Development, maintenance and assay of drug resistance. In: Methods in Medical Research, 10. H.N. Eisen, ed., Year Book Publishers, Chicago, p. 247.Google Scholar
- 6.Lowry, 0.H., Rosenbrough, N.J.,’ Farr, ‘A.L and Randall,R..r.1951. Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 193: 265Google Scholar
- 7.Gelbard, A.S.,,Kim, J.H. and Perez, A.G. 1969. Fluctuations in`deoxycytzdine-monophosphatedeaminase activity during the cell cycle in synchronous populations of HeLa cells. Biochim.’Biophys. Acta 182: 564.’`Google Scholar
- 8.Klevecz, R.R. and Ruddle, F.H. 1968. Cyclic changes in synchronized mammalian cell cultures. Science 159: 634Google Scholar
- 9.Granner,’D,K., Hayashi, S,I,,Thompson, E.B. and Tomkins, G.M. 1968. Stimulation of tyrosine aminotransferase synthesis by dexamethasone’phosphate in cell culture. J. Mol. Biol. 35: 291.Google Scholar
- ’ Paul, J.,’ Fottrell, P.F., Freshney, I., Jondorf, W.R. and Struthers, M.G. 1964. Regulation of enzyme synthesis in cultured cells. Nat. Cancer Res. Monograph 13:’219.Google Scholar