Recent progress towards understanding the mechanisms by which the recombination of ground state nitrogen atoms populates excited electronic states of N2 is reviewed. It is shown that the areas of agreement between various studies now substantially exceed the areas of disagreement.
KeywordsExcited Electronic State Vibrational Relaxation Active Nitrogen Body Recombination Excited Nitrogen Molecule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Becker, K.H., Fink, E.H., Groth, W., Jud, W. and Kley,D. 1972 Faraday Disc. Chem. Soc. 53.Google Scholar
- Golde, M.F. and Thrush, B.A. 1972 Proc. Roy. Soc. A 330, 79, 97, 109, 121.Google Scholar
- Golde, M.F. and Thrush, B.A. 1973 in course of publication.Google Scholar
- Morren, M.A. 1865 Ann. Chem. Phys. 4, 293.Google Scholar
- Perner, D. 1972 Faraday Disc. Chem. Soc. 53.Google Scholar
- Thrush, B.A. and Wild, A.H. 1972 J. Chem. Soc. Faraday I I, 68.Google Scholar
- Thrush, B.A. and Wild, A.H. 1973 J. Chem. Soc. Faraday II, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- Wright, A.N. and Winkler, C.A. 1968 ?Active Nitrogen? ( Academic Press, New York).Google Scholar