Studies of the Low-Temperature Distillation of Hydrogen Isotopes
Part of the Advances in Cryogenic Engineering book series (ACRE, volume 6)
The merits of producing deuterium by hydrogen distillation are quite well known. However, the best methods of distillation column design are not so well established.
KeywordsPilot Plant Hydrogen Isotope Distillation Column Theoretical Plate Plate Efficiency
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. G. Drickamer and J.R. Bradford. Trans. Amer. Inst. Chem. Engrs., Vol. 39, p. 319 (1943).Google Scholar
- 2.B. M. Abraham and H. E. Flotow, ANL-5204, Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, Illinois.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Fookson, P. Pomersntz, and S. Rothberg, J. Research N. B. S., Vol. 47, p. 449 (1951).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Roth, L. Stouls, G. Dirian, B. Lazard, and G. Nief, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on the Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy, Vol. 4. p. 499 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.T.M. Flynn, K.D. Timmerhaus, D.H. Weitzel and J.W. Draper, “Separation of Hydrogen Isotopes by Multicomponent Distillation,” AdYances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 3, K.D. Timmerhaus, (ed.), Plenum Press, Inc., New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.E.S. Sellers and D.R. Augood. Trans. Inst. Cham. Engrs. (London), Vol. 34, p. 53 (1956).Google Scholar
- 7.H.E. O’Connell, Trans, Amer. Inst. Chem. Engrs., Vol. 42, p. 741 (1946).Google Scholar
- 8.K.D. Timmerhaus, D.H. Weitzel, and T.M. Flynn, Chem. Eng. Prog., Vol. 54, No. 6, p. 35 (1958).Google Scholar
- 9.T.M. Flynn, Chem. Eng. Prog., Vol. 56, No. 2, p. 37 (1960).Google Scholar
- 10.J.R. Purcell, J.W. Draper, and D.H. Weitzel, “A Unique Thermal Conductivity Gas Analyzer,” Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 3, K.D. Timmerhaus, (ed.), Plenum Press, Inc., New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 12.J.H. Perry, (ed.), Chemical Engineers’ Handbook, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York (1950).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1961