Preliminary Thermodynamic Properties of Neon
This laboratory has been engaged for the past three years in an investigation of the P-V-T surface of neon including regions where no experimental observations exist. Progress has been reported [1,2] periodically during the course of this study. The present work extends the range of the P-V-T data given In these earlier references to the liquid region, and provides consistent thermodynamic properties for the entire range. More critical tests of these data are In progress which will be reported in a subsequent NBS publication together with extensive property tables.
KeywordsLiquid Region Saturated Liquid Average Percentage Deviation Saturation Boundary Inversion Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. D. McCarty, R. B. Stewart, and K. D. Timmerhaus, in Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 8, Plenum Press, New York (1963), p. 135.Google Scholar
- 2.R. B. Stewart and V. J. Johnson (ed.), Wright Air Development Division Tech. Report 60–56 (1961), NBS Cryogenic Eng. Lab., Boulder, Colorado.Google Scholar
- 3.C. A. Crommelin, J. P. Martinez, and H. K. Onnes, Verslag Gewone Vergader Wisen Natuurk. Afdeel., 27, 1316 (1919).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Mathias, C. A. Crommelin, and H. K. Onnes, Commun, Kamerlingh Onnes Lab. Univ. Leiden, No. 162b (1923);Google Scholar
- 5a.E. Mathias, C. A. Crommelin, and H. K. Onnes,reprinted from Ann. Physik, Series 9e, 19, 231 (1923).Google Scholar
- 11.Chem. Eng. News, 37, 42 (Nov. 20, 1961).Google Scholar
- 12.T. R. Strobridge, NBS Tech. Note No. 129 (1962).Google Scholar
- 13.L. Riedel, Kältetechnik, 9, 127 (1957).Google Scholar