- 61 Downloads
This paper examines the configurations of Viewdata centres and their arrangements in Viewdata national and possible global networks from the point of view of operation which would be completely unattended, yet capable of providing a high degree of service reliability.
Such systems must include facilities for overall monitoring and control; the acceptance, distribution and maintenance of the distributed data base; the retrieval of information; the transmission of messages; and many of the necessary internal functions such as the gathering of statistics, billing and so on.
KeywordsLocal Centre Mesh Network Main Ring Junction Station Ring Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fedida, S., (1975), Proc. European Computing Conference on Communications Networks, 261–282.Google Scholar
- 2.Fedida, S., (1976), lEE Colloquium on Broadcast and Wired Teletext Systems — Ceefax, Oracle, Viewdata.Google Scholar
- 3.Fedida, S., (1976), Screened Information at the touch of a button, PO Telecommunications Journal, Winter 1975/76, Vol. 27, p. 4.Google Scholar
- 4.Fedida, S., (1976), Viewdata — Development of Computer- based Information Media for the General Public, 2nd International Symposium on Subscriber Loops and Services, 3–7 May 1976, The Institution of Electrical Engineers.Google Scholar
- 5.Fedida, S., (1976), Viewdata — An Interactive Information Medium for the General Public Using the Telephone Network, 6th International Broadcasting Convention, 20–24 September 1976, The Institution of Electrical Engineers.Google Scholar
- Fedida, S., (1977), Viewdata — The Post Office’s Visual Information and Communication System.Google Scholar
- Fedida, S., (1977), Background and Introduction, Wireless World, February 1977, Vol. 83, p. 32.Google Scholar
- Fedida, S., (1977), Applications of the system. Wireless World, March 1977, Vol. 83, p. 51.Google Scholar
- Fedida, S., (1977), Terminals and Codes, Wireless World, April 1977, Vol. 83, p. 65.Google Scholar
- Fedida, S., (1977), The Viewdata terminal. Wireless World, May 1977, Vol. 83, p. 55.Google Scholar
- 7.Fedida, S., (1977), Viewdata Display Characteristics and Future Enhancements, Eurocon 77, Venice.Google Scholar
- 8.Fedida, S., (1977), Viewdata System Optimisation, International Conference on Communications — Chicago, 1977. Conference record Vol. 2, p. 41.Google Scholar
- 9.Fedida, S., (1977), VIEWDATA — A Post Office Interactive Information Medium for the General Public. Electronics & Power, June 1977, p. 467.Google Scholar