Built-Up and Composite Members
- 147 Downloads
To make efficient use of materials, built-up and composite members of wood are common. Plywood and lumber can be used in an all wood assembly to form a plywood-lumber box beam or a stressed-skin panel. Wood can also be used in combination with other materials, such as steel or honeycombed paper, to form structural components.
KeywordsNeutral Axis Sandwich Panel Horizontal Shear Live Load Wood Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Plywood Design Specification, American Plywood Association, Tacoma, WA, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Design and Fabrication of Plywood-Lumber Beams, American Plywood Association, Tacoma, WA, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Design and Fabrication of Plywood Stressed-Skin Panels, American Plywood Association, Tacoma, WA, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Uniform Building Code Standard No. 25–18, International Conference of Building Officials, Whittier, Calif., 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Wood Handbook, U.S. Forest Products Laboratory, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., 1974.Google Scholar