- 134 Downloads
Some additional problems are treated in this Chapter. They refer to quasidifferential modelling of various problems in engineering and economics and they are presented here as model problems before proceeding into the numerical treatment of the problems which is studied in the next Chapters. In particular the problems of the stability of structures with boundary conditions of quasidifferential type, of monotone and nonmonotone network flow problems, of rigid viscoplastic flow problems in cylindrical pipes with adhesion or nonmonotone friction and of time—dependent problems with QD—superpotentials in von Kármán plates and in thermoelasticity are treated.
KeywordsWeak Solution Variational Inequality Elastic Structure Solution Branch Additional Topic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Budiansky B. (1974), Theory of buckling and post — buckling behaviour of elastic structures. In: Advances in Applied Mechanics, ed. Chia-Shun Yih, Academic Press, London, Vol. 14, 1–65.Google Scholar
- 3.Demyanov V.F. and Rubinov A.M. (1985), Quasidifferentiable Calculus, Optimization Software, New York.Google Scholar
- 4.Duvaut G. and Lions J.L. (1972), Les inequations en mechanique et en physique, Dunod, Paris.Google Scholar
- 5.Fichera G. (1964), Problemi elastostatici con vincoli unilaterali: il problema di Sig-norini con ambigue condizioni al contorno. Mem. Accad. Naz. Lincei, VIII, 7 91–140.Google Scholar
- 6.Fichera G. (1972), Boundary value problems in elasticity with unilateral constraints. In: Encyclopedia of Physics, (ed. by S. Fliigge) Vol VI a/2, Springer Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- 7.Goeleven D. (1995), Noncoercive variational problems: the recession approach. Fac. Univ. Notre Dame de la Paix, Namur, Research Report 95/01, to appear in Journal of Global Optimization.Google Scholar
- 8.Goeleven D., Motreanu D. and Panagiotopoulos P.D. (1995), Multiple solutions for a class of eigenvalue problems in hemivariational inequalities. Metz Days 1995, Research Notes in Mathematics (to appear).Google Scholar
- 10.Motreanu D. and Panagiotopoulos P.D. (1993), Hysteresis: the eigenvalue problem for hemivariational inequalities. In: Visintin A. (ed.): Models of Hysteresis. Longman Scientific and Technical, J. Wiley Inc.Google Scholar
- 12.Panagiotopoulos P.D. (1982), On a method proposed by W. Prager for the nonlinear network flow problem. Ann. School of Technology, Aristotle University, Vol. Θ, Thessaloniki, 77–85.Google Scholar
- 19.Stavroulakis G.E. and Tzaferopoulos M.Ap. (1995), Optimal plastic design of structures with d.c. cost functions and optimality criteria methods. In: Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Eds. N. Olhoff, G. Rozvany, Pergamon Press.Google Scholar