For surface mount size packages (lead pitch of 0.8 to 1.3 mm) the placement of the parts needs to be precise. For fine pitch sized packages (lead pitches of 0.15 to 0.65 mm) placement needs to be ultraprecise.
KeywordsFiducial Mark Package Size Package Placement Fine Pitch Placement Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bell, J. 1991. Private correspondence.Google Scholar
- 2.DeCarlo, J. 1991. A New Technology for Fine Pitch Placement Utilizing Active Lead to Pad Matching and Integral Reflow. Paper read at Nepcon West ‘91, Feb., 1991, Anaheim, CA.Google Scholar
- 3.Deley, M., et. al. 1990. Putting Fine Pitch Errors on a Budget. In Circuits ManufacturingJan., 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.Duffey, B. 1989. Applying machine Vision to Fine-Pitch Pick-and-Place. In Circuits Manufacturing.Dec., 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.Hyman, H. 1991. Fine Pitch Placement with Integral Reflow; the Logical Cost Effective Approach. Paper read at Nepcon East ‘91, June 1991, Boston, MA.Google Scholar
- 6.Peck, D. 1991. Private correspondence.Google Scholar