Electrical testing is the traditional way to verify the proper functioning and parametric conformance of products for the past two decades. The systems utilized, such as in-circuit or ICT and functional testers, provide a way to power on the assembly and to indicate if it is working. Depending on the tester’s capabilities it may be able to offer a diagnosis of what’s wrong if the assembly does not work.
KeywordsDevice Under Test Test Circuit Fine Pitch Tall Component False Failure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fasang, P. 1990. Boundary Scan Addresses Parametric Test Issues. In ASIC Technology and News, Oct. 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.McElenery, J. 1991. Testing Loaded PCBs With Care. In Electronic Engineering Times, Nov. 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.Turin, J. 1990. Testability Bus Standards in the 1990s. Proceedings of Nepcon West ‘80, Feb. 1990: Anaheim, CA.Google Scholar
- 4.Whetsel, L. and Coleman, J. 1991. Boundary-Scan Testing. In Electronics Engineering Times, March, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.— 1991.Testability Guidelines, TP-101A. Edina, MN: Surface Mount Technology Association.Google Scholar