Introduction to Fine Pitch Technology (FPT)
- 118 Downloads
As silicon complexity grows, the number of leads required for input and output grow (Rent’s Rule).
The operating speeds and frequencies are increasing with functional capability, thus limiting the allowable parasitics in a package.
Consumers want more functions in the same or smaller size as a product’s predecessor.
KeywordsSolder Joint Print Circuit Board Fine Pitch Assembly Technology Print Circuit Board Assembly
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ginsberg, G. 1990. The Impact of New Technology on PCB Processing. In Electronic Packaging and Production. August, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Marcoux, P. 1990 Fine Pitch Technology—A Market Study Saratoga, CA: Electronic Trend Publications.Google Scholar
- 3.Marcoux, P. 1989. SMT: Design for Manufacturability. Sunnyvale, CA: PPM Associates and Dearborn, MI: Society of Manufacturing Engineers.Google Scholar
- 5.Turmmala, R., and Tymaszewski, E. 1989. Microelectronics Packaging Handbook. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.Google Scholar
- 6.Initiates for High Value Electronics Packaging/Interconnect Program. 1991 Membership Workshop, Sept. 1991, MCC, Austin, TX.Google Scholar