Basic Concepts: Perspectives in Elasticity Theory
- 159 Downloads
The common use of the term stress analysis includes any kind of structural analysis. In the field of thermoplastics design, there is a growing awareness of the importance of stress analysis. In recent years, structural plastics have been used for applications in load-bearing structural components in the automotive, aerospace, sporting goods, and construction industries. Hence, design engineers are increasingly concerned about stress-related problems, typically with the strength, stiffness, and life expectancy of their products. About twenty years ago, these problems were primarily associated with the metallic components.
KeywordsShear Stress Normal Stress Shear Strain Principal Stress Stress Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Roark, R. J. and Young, W. C. Formulas for Stress and Strain, 5th Ed., 1975, McGraw Hill, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 2.Faupel, J. H. and Fisher, F. E. Engineering Design —A Synthesis of Stress Analysis and Materials Engineering, 2nd Ed. 1981, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 3.Peterson, R. E. Stress Concentration Design Factors, 1953, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 4.Beer, F. P. and Johnston, E. R. Jr., Mechanics of Materials, 1981, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 5.Bronson, R. Matrix Methods, An Introduction, 1970, Academic Press, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 6.Hildebrand, F. B. Methods of Applied Mathematics, 2nd Ed. 1965, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ.Google Scholar
- 7.Seeley, F. B. and Smith, J. O. Advanced Mechanics of Materials, 1967, 2nd Ed. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 8.Timoshenko, S. P. and Goodier, J. N. Theory of Elasticity, 3rd Ed. 1970, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 9.Chou, P. C. and Pagano, N. J. Elasticity—Tensor, Dyadic and Engineering Approaches, 1967, D. Van Nostrand Company, Inc., Princeton, NJ.Google Scholar
- 10.Dally, J. W. and Riley, W. F. Experimental Stress Analysis, 2nd Ed. 1978, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- 11.Durelli, A. J., Phillips, E. A., and Tsao, C. H. Introduction to the Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Stress and Strain. 1958, McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar