Stabilization of Exametazime for Leucocyte Labelling: A New Approach using Tin Enhancement
We have examined the effect of the addition of two different stannous chloride formulations on the levels of primary lipophilic 99mTc exametazime. In the first study a solution containing 20 μg Sncl2 2H2 O was prepared (“in house”method) and used over a two week period. The mean level of radiochemical purity was 41% (range 11%-60%, n=6). In the second study a kit formulation containing 6.6 μg of Sncl2 2H2O/ml was prepared freshly each day. The mean radiochemical purity of 99mTc exametazime was 87% (range 68%-93%, n=5).
KeywordsSodium Chloride Sedimentation Osteoarthritis Osteomyelitis allO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Al Janabi MA, Solanki K, Critchley M et al. Radioleucoscintigraphy in osteoarthritis. Is there an inflammatory component?. Nucl Med Comm; 13: 706–712 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.Hung JC, Volkert WA, Holmens RA. Stabilization of Tc-99m-D, L-HMPAO using gentisic acid. Nucl Med Biol; 16: 675–680 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.Lang J, Barbarics E, Lazar J at al. Effects of labelling conditions and formulations of kit on in vitro stability of Tc-99m-D, L-HMPAO. Eur J Nucl Med; 15: 424 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.Ballinger J. Preparation of Tc-99m HMPAO. J Nucl Med, 31: 1892 (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.Amersham international plc: ceretec package insert.Google Scholar