A modern version of the Taiwanese Building Code (TBC 1982) was completed in June 1982, and officially approved in July; supplementary provisions were added to the TBC in 1983. A revised code (TBC 1991) is essentially based on the following: Uniform Building Code (UBC 1988), Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary (ACI 1989), Timber Construction Manual (AITC 1985), Manual of Steel Construction-Allowable Stress Design (AISC 1989), and a few provisions based on the Japanese building code. Load factor and resistance factor designs for steel structures have not yet been considered in the revised code. The provisions for seismic-resistant design and construction of buildings in Taiwan are contained in the Building Construction section of the Taiwanese Building Code (TBC 1991), Section 5 of Chapter 1. These provisions are presented in this chapter.
KeywordsBrittle Ductility Gasoline AITC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACI (1989) Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary. ACI 318-89 & 318R-89. American Concrete Institute, Detroit, MI.Google Scholar
- AISC (1989) Manual of Steel Construction Allowable Stress Design. American Institute of Steel Construction. 9th ed. Chicago, IL.Google Scholar
- AITC (1985) Timber Construction Manual. American Institute of Timber Construction. 3d ed. Englewood, CO.Google Scholar
- TBC (1991) Taiwanese Building Code. Construction Bureau, The Ministry of Internal Affairs, Taiwan.Google Scholar
- UBC (1988) Uniform Building Code. International Conference of Building Officials, Whittier, CA.Google Scholar