The architecture of microprocessor-based systems
The purpose of this chapter is to describe the fundamentals of the operation of a microprocessor-based system, such as a microcomputer or a programmable industrial controller. The word ‘fundamentals’ should be emphasized, since it is not possible in one chapter to cover the range of topics that should be included for a full understanding of microprocessors and microcontrollers. However, for those readers who have not had a full course on this subject, this chapter will be sufficient to give an understanding of this very important and interesting technology.
KeywordsCombustion Germanium Tray Dobo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campbell, J. (1984) The RS-232 Solution, SYBEX, Inc., Berkeley.Google Scholar
- Cline, B. E. (1983) An Introduction to Automated Data Acquisition, Petrocelli Books, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Evans, A. J., Mullen, J. D. and Smith, D. H. (1985) Basic Electronics Technology, Texas Instruments Information Publishing Center, Fort Worth, Texas.Google Scholar
- Gibson, G. A. and Liu, Y. (1980) Microcomputers for Engineers and Scientists, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood, Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Greenfield, J. D. (1991) The 68HC11 Microcontroller, Saunders College Publishing, Harcourt Brace, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.Google Scholar
- Hall, D. V. (1992) Microprocessors and Interfacing, 2nd edn, Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, Glencoe, Illinois.Google Scholar
- Hilburn, J. L. and Julich, P. M. (1976) Microcomputers/Microprocessors: Hardware, Software, and Applications, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Hintz, K. J. and Tabak, D. (1992) Microcontrollers, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, New York.Google Scholar
- Lipovski, G. J. (1988) Single and Multiple-Chip Microcomputer Interfacing, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Motorola (1991) M68HC11 Reference Manual, Motorola, Inc.Google Scholar
- Schmitt, N. M. and Farwell, R. F. (1983) Understanding Electronic Control of Automation Systems, Texas Instruments, Inc., Dallas, Texas.Google Scholar
- Tocci, R. J. and Laskowski, L. P. (1987) Microprocessors and Microcomputers: Hardware and Software, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar