Kinetic Features of Non-Simplest Alloy Orderings: D03, L12,and L10 Orderings
The earlier-developed master equation approach is used to study kinetic features of alloy orderings with more than two types of ordered domains. We develop a kinetic cluster field method being a kinetic analogue of the known cluster variation method, and present a microscopical model for deformational interactions in concentrated alloys. The described methods are used for extensive simulations of various phase transformations involving D03, L12 and L10 orderings. The simulations reveal a number of interesting microstructural effects, many of them agreeing well with experimental observations.
KeywordsAlloy Model Antiphase Boundary Cluster Variation Method NATO Advance Study Institute Local Order Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allen S.M. and Cahn J W 1976 Mechanisms of Phase-Transformations Within Miscibility Gap of Fe-Rich Fe-A1 Alloys Acta Met. 24 425Google Scholar
- Matsumura S, Oyama H and Oki K 1989 Dynamical Behavior of Ordering With Phase-Separation in Off- Stoichiometric Fe3si Alloys Mater. Trans., JIM 30 695Google Scholar
- Loiseau A, Ricolleau C, Potez L and Ducastelle F 1994 Solid-Solid Phase Transformations ed W C Johnson et al (Warrendale: The MMM Society) p 385Google Scholar
- Potez L and Loiseau A 1994 High-Resolution Electron Microscopy Studies of Antiphase Boundaries in Cu3Au J. Interface Sci. 2 91Google Scholar
- Loiseau A 1996 Curr. Opin. Solid State Mater. Sci. 1 369Google Scholar
- Chen L-Q, Wang Y Z and Khachaturyan A G 1994 Statics and Dynamics of Alloy Phase Transformations (NATO Advanced Study Institute, Series B: Physics 319) ed A Gonis and P E A Turchi (New York: Plenum) p 587Google Scholar
- Vaks V G, Beiden S V and Dobretsov V Yu 1995 Mean-Field Equations For Configurational Kinetics of Alloys At Arbitrary Degree of Nonequilibrium Pis. Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 61 65 (Engl. Transl. JETP Lett. 61 68)Google Scholar
- Vaks V G 1996 Master equation approach to the configurational kinetics of nonequilibrium alloys: Exact relations, H-theorem, and cluster approximations Pis. Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 63 447 (Engl. Transl. JETP Lett. 63 471)Google Scholar
- Finel A 1994 Statics and Dynamics of Alloy Phase Transformations (NATO Advanced Study Institute, Series B: Physics 319) ed A Gonis and P E A Turchi (New York: Plenum) p 495Google Scholar
- Vaks V G and Samolyuk G D 1999 On accuracy of different cluster models used in describing ordering phase transitions in fcc alloys Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 115 158 (Engl. Transl. Sov. Phys.-JETP 88 89)Google Scholar
- Khachaturyan A G 1983 Theory of Structural Phase Transformations in Solids (New York: Wiley)Google Scholar
- Hasaka M 1980 Ordering and Phase Separation in the Fe-Al Alloy Trans. JIM 21 660Google Scholar