A Mobile Agent-Based Infrastructure for an Adaptive Multimedia Server
This paper introduces a mobile agent-based infrastructure for an adaptive multi-media server enabling a dynamic migration or replication of certain multimedia applications among a set of available server nodes. It discusses the requirements from both, the server’s and the middleware’s point of view to each other and comes up with a specification and implementation of a CORBA-based interface between them.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Charikar and S. Guha: “Improved Combinatorial Algorithms for the Facility Location and k-median Problems”. IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 378–388, 1999.Google Scholar
- B. Goldschmidt and Z. László: “Vagabond: a CORBA-based Mobile Agent System”. In A. Frohner, editor, Object-Oriented Technology ECOOP Workshop Reader, Springer Verlag, 2001.Google Scholar
- B. Goldschmidt and Z. László and M. Döller and H. Kosch: “Mobile Agents in a Distributed Heterogeneous Database System”, Euromicro Workshop on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing, 2002.Google Scholar
- OMG: “The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture and Specification 2.6”. December, 2001.Google Scholar
- J. Rolia, S. Singhal and R. Friedrich: “Adaptive Internet Data Centers”. In SSGRR’00, July 2000.Google Scholar
- R. Tusch: “AMS: An Adaptive Multimedia Server Architecture”. Technical Report TR/ITEC/02/2.06, Institute of Information Technology, Klagenfurt University. April 2002.Google Scholar