It has already been mentioned in the previous chapter that PervComp, simy speaking, is PervNet us computing support (i.e., middlewares and apications). To start us on the road towards understanding what is PervNet, this chapter does three things. First, it introduces the idea of PervNet architecture, which lays the foundation for the rest of the book. Second, it exores the properties (or, attributes) that PervComp apications demand from PervNet. Finally, it introduces some of the key elements in the imementation of PervNet.
KeywordsMigration Microwave Europe Assure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Warland J. and Varaiya P, High Performance Communication Networks, 2nd Edition, Morgan Kaufmann, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Comer D. E., Internetworking with TCP/IP, vol. 1,2,3, 4th Edition, Addison Wesley, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Linnartz J-P (Ed.), Wireless Communication, the interactive multimedia CD ROM, Kluwer Academic, 1st Edition, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Special inaugural issue on Reaching for Weiser’s Vision, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. l,No. 1, Jan-Mar 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Simpson W., “The Point to Point Protocol (PPP)” Internet STD 51, July 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.Droms R., “Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol”, RFC 2131, IETF, March 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.Perkins C, “IP Mobility Support”, RFC 2002, IETF, October 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.Thomson S. and Narten T., “IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration”, RFC 2462, IETF, December 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.McAuley A, Das S., Baba S. and Shobatake Y., “Dynamic Registration and Configuration Protocol”, draft-itsumo-drcp-00.txt, IETF, July 2000, Work in Progress.Google Scholar
- 10.Wedlund E. and Schulzrinne H., “Mobility support using SIP,” Proceedings of Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Mobile Multimedia, ACM/IEEE, August 1999.Google Scholar
- 11.Bluetooth SIG, “Service Discovery Protocol Release 1.0”, July 1999, http://www.bluetooth.com/developer/specification/profile 10b.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 12.Arnold K., Sullivan B. et al, “The Jini Specification”, ISBN 020-1616343, Addison-Wesley, June 1999.Google Scholar
- 13.Misra A., Das S., McAuley A., Dutta A. and Das S. K., “IDMP: An Intra-Domain Mobility Management Protocol using Mobility Agents”, draft-mobileip-misra-idmp-00.txt, IETF, July 2000, Work in Progress.Google Scholar