Neuroinformatics for C. elegans: Relating Mind and Body in Wormbase
In this chapter, we have described how neuroscience data for the nematode C. elegans are deposited to and accessed from database. Research on neuroscience of C. elegans has attracted tremendous attention primarily because of its simple nervous system with 302 neurons. Data generated by comprehensive reconstruction and other efforts were initially deposited to and retrieved from ACeDB. More recently, Wormbase was created, which allows users to access data remotely and easily.
Key wordsC. elegans ACeDB Wormbase Database Neuroscience Wiring Gene Ontology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alberts, B., 1997. Preface. In C. elegans II (editors: D.L. Riddle, T. Blumenthal, B.J. Meyer and J.R. Priess). pp XI–XIV.Google Scholar
- Brenner, S., 1997 Preface. In C. elegans II (editors: D.L. Riddle, T. Blumenthal, B.J. Meyer and J.R. Priess). pp XV–XVII.Google Scholar
- Chalfie M. and White J. 1988 In The Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. pp 337–391.Google Scholar
- Durbin, R.M., 1987. Studies on the development and organization of the nervous system of Caenorhabditis elegans, Ph.D. thesis, King’s College, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Durbin, R.M. and Thierry-Mieg J., 1991. A C. elegans database. Documentation, code and data available from anonymous FTP servers at lirmm.lirmm.fr, cele.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk and ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Google Scholar
- Hall D.H., 1977. The posterior nervous system of Caenorhabditis elegans, Ph.D. thesis, California Institute of Technology.spivnGoogle Scholar
- Rand and Nonet, 1997. Neurotransmitter assignments for specific neurons. In C. elegans II (editors: D.L. Riddle, T. Blumenthal, BJ. Meyer and J.R. Priess). pp 1049–1052.Google Scholar
- Riddle, DL, Blumenthal, T, Meyer, BJ, and Priess JR, 1997. Introduction to C. elegans. In C. elegans II (editors: D.L. Riddle, T. Blumenthal, BJ. Meyer and J.R. Priess). pp 1–22.Google Scholar
- Wall, L., Christiansen, T., Orwant, J., 2000. Programming Perl, 3rd edition. O’Reilly Press.spivnGoogle Scholar