The two great accomplishments of contemporary physics, the relativity theory and the quantum theory, are both associated with information, the former with speed of transmission (Section 13.2), the latter with accuracy (Section 14.1). In this chapter we will concentrate on relativity. Hence, we will discuss information chains and the timing of signals, disregarding the measure used to estimate the amount of information.
KeywordsLuminal Ghost Rosen Defend Boris
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Instead of the customary Albert, 1992, p.31 notation ai〉 for a state, we are using ai to conform with the rest of this work.Google Scholar
- It has been speculated, however, that the locality can be restored in an EPR experiment, “modifying probability theory itself” Youssef, 1995, p.904.Google Scholar
- To be fair, Einstein did not sire the twins, even if he adopted them later Moszkowski, 1921/22, p.204. His original 1905 gedanken experiment Einstein, 1905, ed. 1998, p. 139 uses clocks.Google Scholar
- Textbooks contain incorrect statements: “…information, energy, and particles move with the group velocity, and the maximum magnitude of vg is c” Sandin, 1989, p.115.Google Scholar
- The conducting plates have been called the Magdeburg hemispheres of modern quantum field theory Scharnhorst, 1990, p.354.Google Scholar