Optimal Allocation of Farm Irrigation Water During Peak Seasons
Allocation of irrigation water to competing crops or to different plots of the same crop is an important issue when water is scarce. This is especially true during peak seasons of demand for irrigation water. Water allocation among competing farm uses has been treated in numerous linear programming studies (Yaron). However the early linear programming (LP) studies have incorporated crop response functions to irrigation and soil moisture only indirectly, usually without rigorous analysis.
KeywordsIncome Expense Lution Sorghum Sonal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blank, H. G. Optimal irrigation decisions with limited water (PhD Thesis). Colorado State University. Ft. Collins, CO. 1975.Google Scholar
- Dantzig, G. B. “Linear Programming and Extensions.” Princeton, NJ. Princeton University Press. 1963.Google Scholar
- Hall, W. A. and W, S. Butcher. Optimal timing of irrigation. American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Division, IR2 92:267–275. 1968.Google Scholar
- Howell, T. A., E. A. Hiler and D. L. Reddell. Opitimizing water use efficiency under high frequency irrigation—II system simulation and dynamic programming. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 18:879–887. 1978.Google Scholar
- Sandmo, A. On the theory of the competitive firm under price Uncertainty. Agricultural Economic Research, 61:65–73. 1971Google Scholar
- Shimshi, D., D. Yaron, E. Bresler, M. Weisbrod, and G. Strateener. Simulation model for evapotranispiration of wheat: empirical approach. American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Division, IR1, 101:1–12. 1975Google Scholar
- Yaron, D. Estimation and use of water production functions in crops. American Society of Civil Engineers Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Division, IR2 97:291–303. 1971.Google Scholar
- Yaron, D. and A. Dinar. Optimal timing of cotton irrigation on a daily basis. Center for agricultural economics research report. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel. 1978. (Hebrew).Google Scholar