Ultrathin Film Electrodeposition of Conjugated Polymers on Conducting Surfaces
The class of π-conjugated polymers as solid state materials has been investigated ranging from its use as electrically conducting polymers to electroluminescent (EL) and laser-active materials.1 Synthesis using mainly aromatic and heteroaromatic polymer structures has been investigated.2 In particular, the study of polyfluorenes and its derivatives are of recent interest as photoactive fluorescent and laser-generating materials.3, 18 The systematic synthesis of microstructured polyfluorene materials with fluoren-2,7-diyl units either by Pd4 or Ni-catalyzed 5 coupling of 2,7-dibromofluorenes has found applications in the fabrication of blue polymer light emitting diode (PLED) devices. The chemical oxidation of fluorenes with FeCl3 6 or electrochemical oxidation of fluorenes has also been reported.7 Substitution on the 9-fluorenyl position enhances the solubility and processability of the resulting polyfluorene polymers.8
KeywordsSilane Toluene Immobilization Alkane Polystyrene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.W. Salaneck,, I. Lundstrom, B. Ranby, B., Eds. Conjugated Polymers and Related Materials; (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1993).Google Scholar
- 3.U. Scherf, Topics in Curr. Chem,. 201,164, (1999).Google Scholar
- (a).R. Advincula, R., C. Frank,W. Knoll, R. Moon, J. Sheats, D. Roitman, D. in Electrical, optical, and Magnetic Properties of Organic Sol id-State Materials IV: MRS Meeting Proceedings. Ed. J.R. Reynolds, ( Materials Research Society, Pennsylvania. 115-120 (1998)).Google Scholar
- 14 .
- 15.S. Inaoka, R. Advincula, Polym. Prepr. (Amer. Chem. Soc), 82, 340 (2000). -Advincula, R. Roitman, D ; Inaoka, S. full manuscript in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 16.R. Advincula, C. Xia, ASAP article Chem. of Mater.Google Scholar
- 17 .D. Roitman, J. Sheats, H. Antoniadis, M. Hueschen, Proc. Int.SAMPE Technical Conference 27, 681 (1995).Google Scholar
- 23 . (a)