Modulation Influence of p-Chloromercuribenzoate on Plasma Membrane Na+-Ca2+Exchanger of the Secretory Cells of Chironomus Larvae Salivary Gland
Investigations the role of SH-groups of Ca2+-transport systems molecules in secretory cells functioning have special significance because of: (i) Ca2+ cations have extraordinary importance in secretory process; (ii) SH-groups have importance to maintain of lipid bilaer structure [5,11]; (iii) one of the most sensitive links, obviously, for all membrane Ca2+transporting systems are SH-groups of aminoacid’s residues since its: * have high reactive ability ; ** determine fourth structure of protein molecule , besides its are form part of regulatory domains of these transport systems and especially Na+-Ca2+-exchanger molecule dogs cardiomyocites . It has also known that SH-groups are form part of large intracellular loop f of Na+-Ca2+exchanger molecule . Availability of SH-groups in the Nat Ca2+exchanger molecule of secretory cell membrane in Chironomus larvae salivary gland we have supposed on the base of changes in Na+-Ca2+exchange current at alkalisation of external solution [6,8] and influence of Cd2+,Ni2+ and La3+. Therefore the target of this study was to investigate the influence of SH-groups specific blocator — p-chloromercuribenzoate (PCMB) on the Na+-Ca2+exchange in the secretory cell membrane of investigated glands.
KeywordsSalivary Gland Secretory Cell Exchange Current Pump Functioning Thiol Reagent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beauge, L., DiPolo, R., 1992, Chemical Biophys. J. 61: A388 Google Scholar
- 2.Dixon, M., Webb, E.C., 1958 Enzymes Longmans, Gree and Co.London-New York-Toronto.Google Scholar
- 4.Fedirko, N.V., M.Yu. Klevets, 1999, Evidence Physiol. J. 45 (4):84. Google Scholar
- 6.Klevets, M.Yu., V.V. Manko, N. V. Fedirko, 1996, Investigation Neurophys. 28(4/5):193. Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, C., Okabe, E., 1995, Hydroxyl J. Pharmac. 67(1):21. Google Scholar
- 8.Manko, V.V., 1998, Influence Ukr. Biochem. J. 70(6):3. Google Scholar
- 12.Senchuk, V.V., Pikulev, A.T., Dashkevich, I.N., 1990, Study Biokhimia 55(9):1648. Google Scholar
- 14.Torchinskij, Yu.M.,.1977 Sulfur In Proteins Nauka, Moskow.Google Scholar
- 15.Valenzuela, Bender, 1971, Ref. Lenindger, A., 1974 Biochemistry Mir Moskow.Google Scholar