Electron Interactions with c-C4F8
Besides its use in plasma etching, perfluorocyclobutane (c-C4F8) has potential applications as a gaseous dielectric, especially in gas mixtures (e. g., see Refs.1-3). Perfluorocyclobutane is also of environmental interest because it is a global warming gas.4 For these reasons, we have recently synthesized and assessed electron collision cross-section and electron transport-coefficient data for this gas.5 The results of this critical assessment are summarized and briefly discussed in this paper.
KeywordsIonization Cross Section Electron Attachment Partial Cross Section Ionization Coefficient Total Ionization Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. T. Houghton, L. G. M. Filho, B. A. Callander, N. Harris, A. Kattenberg, and K. Maskell, Climate Change 1995, Cambridge University Press, New York, 1996, p. 22.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Nishimura, in Proc. Inter. Symposium on Electron-Molecule Collisions and Swarms, edited byY. Hatano, H. Tanaka, and N. Kouchi, 18-20 July, 1999, Tokyo, Japan, p. 103; H. Nishimura, Private communication, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Okamoto, M. Hoshino, Y. Sakamoto, S. Watanabe, M. Kitajima, H. Tanaka, and M. Kimura, in Proc. Intern. Symposium on Electron-Molecule Collisions and Swarms, edited by Y. Hatano, H. Tanaka, and N. Kouchi, 18-20 July, 1999, Tokyo, Japan, p. 191; H. Tanaka, Private communication, 2000.Google Scholar
- 13.M. V. Kurepa, 3 rd Cz. Conf. on Electronics and Vacuum Physics Transactions, 1965, p. 107.Google Scholar
- 20.T. Tagashira, Y. Miyamoto, and M. Shimozuma, in Proc. XVIII Intern. Conf. on Phenomena in Ionized Gases, Swansea, U. K., 13-17 July, 1987, p. 680.Google Scholar
- 21.C. Wen and J. M. Wetzer, in IX Intern. Conf. on Gas Discharges and Their Applications, 19-22 September, 1988, Venezia, Italy, p. 367.Google Scholar
- J. de Urquijo, Private communication, 2001.Google Scholar
- 23.J. Berril, M. J. Christensen, and I. W. McAllister, in Gaseous Dielectrics V, edited by L. G. Christophorou and D. W. Bouldin, Pergammon Press, New York, 1987, p. 304.Google Scholar
- 24.L. G. Christophorou, R. A. Mathis, S. R. Hunter, and J. G. Carter, in Gaseous Dielectrics V, edited by L. G. Christophorou and D. W. Bouldin, Pergammon Press, New York, 1987, p. 88.Google Scholar