Corona Discharge Phenomenology at Onset in Weakly Electronegative Gas Mixtures
Loss of insulation integrity from a gas-insulated system is at first a subtle phenomenon. It is contended that this early stage of degradation contains privileged information, to be gleaned in order to unravel precursor signs preceding the eventual outbreak of minor faults, viz. partial discharges and associated patterns.
KeywordsPulse Sequence Corona Discharge Discharge Activity Partial Discharge Large Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.F. Fréchette, C. Hudon, M. Germain, R. Larocque, S. Matsumoto, and T. Umemura, On the stochasticnature of SF6 partial discharges close to onset conditions, ISEI2000, pp. 390-394Google Scholar
- 2.M.F. Fréchette, C. Hudon, M. Germain, R. Larocque, S. Matsumoto, and T. Umemura, Partial-dischargephenomenology in compressed SF6 under stochastic conditions, CEIDP 2000, pp. 639-644.Google Scholar
- 3.M.F. Fréchette, M. Côté, N.G. Trinh, and R. Y. Larocque, Partial-discharge activity for a negative DC corona in atmospheric SF6, ISEI 1994, pp. 301-304.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Côté, M.F. Fréchette, and R. Y. Larocque, Negative DC corona characteristics in SF6 under moisture contamination, CEIDP 1994, pp. 860-867.Google Scholar
- 5.M.F. Frechette, S. Kamel, R. Bartnikas, and R. Y. Larocque, Negative corona discharge in air with small SF6 content, ISEI 1996, pp. 801-805.Google Scholar
- 6.M.F. Fréchette, S. Kamel, R. Bartnikas, and R. Y. Larocque, Change in the pulse regime of negative corona in air due to a small adjunct of SF6, CEIDP 1996, pp. 628-633.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Patsch and F. Berton, Pulse-sequence-analysis - chances to characterize defects, CEIDP 1999, pp 243-248.Google Scholar