Electron Collision Processes in Nitrogen Trifluoride
Nitrogen trifluoride is used extensively in several aspects of semiconductor processing and manufacture and was also employed as an atomic fluorine source in pulsed electrical-chemical lasers. The electron collision database is of interest for modeling and simulation of plasma enhanced etching of materials. We have recently made comprehensive measurements of the absolute dissociative ionization cross-sections of nitrogen trifluoride and also of its dissociative charge transfer from argon ions. These results are reviewed and compared with previous data in the literature. We also compile, where available, the results for electron attachment, momentum transfer, vibrational excitation, and dissociative excitation. This data set is compared with the results from swarm experiments for mixtures of NF3-argon and NF3-nitrogen. The needs and opportunities for additional experimental studies are outlined.
KeywordsArgon Amid Fluoride Fluorine Alan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.A. Barkanic et al., Solid State Technol April (1989) 109.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Bruno, P. Capezzuto, G. Cicala, P. Manodoro, J. Vac. Sci. Technol, 12, (1994) 690.Google Scholar
- 3.K.E., Greenberg, J.T. Verdeyen, Appl. Phys., 57, (1985) 1696.Google Scholar
- 5.P.J. Chantry, in Applied Atomic Collision Physics, H.S.W., Massey, E.W. McDaniel, B. Bederson, Eds.;Academic Press, New York, 1982, Vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 12.W.Huo (NASA Marshall Space Flight Center), personal communication. Also see:http://www.ipt.arc.nasa.gov/databasel.html, January, 2001.Google Scholar
- 16.P.J. Chantry, Westinghouse Technical Report, 1978, 78–926, ATACH-R1.Google Scholar
- 30.K.A. Blanks, A.E. Tabor, K. Becker, Int. Conf. On Physics of Electronic and Atomic Collisions (Brighton), 1989, p 347.Google Scholar
- 32.K. Riehl, Collisional Detachment of Negative Ions Using FTMS, Ph.D. Thesis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, 1992.Google Scholar
- 39.H.M. Rosenstock, K. Draxl, B.W. Stiner, J.T. Herron, Energetics of Gaseous Ions Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data, 1977, vol. 6.Google Scholar