Interleaving has been largely adopted in communication systems as an effective way to spread adjacent symbols in transmission making them independent of the adjacent symbols in reception. In the case of fading channels adjacent symbols are normally affected by fading levels that are highly correlated, generating the so-called burst errors. In order to perform a good detection of the received symbols such bursts should be broken, spreading errors throughout the whole block. This task is performed by the channel interleaver.
KeywordsClock Cycle Turbo Code Memory Module Memory Element Cyclic Shift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Perez, L.C.; Seghers, J.; Costello, D.J. “A Distance Spectrum Interpretation of Turbo Codes”. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, v.42, n.6, 1996.Google Scholar
- Dolinar, S.; Divsalar, D. “Weight distributions for turbo codes using random and nonrandom permutations”. TDA Progress Report 42–122, Jet Propulsion Lab., 1995.Google Scholar
- Divsalar, D.; McEliece, R.J. “On the Design of Concatenated Coding Systems with Interleaves”. TMO Progress Report 42–134, Jet Propulsion Lab, 1998.Google Scholar
- Giulietti, A.; van Der Perre, L.; Strum. M. “Parallel turbo code interleavers: avoiding collisions in accesses to storage elements”. Electronics Letters, v.38, n.5, 2002.Google Scholar
- Roz, M.; Hammons, Jr., R. “On the design of prunable interleavers for turbo codes”. IEEE 49th International Vehicular Technology Conference, v.2, p. 1669–73.Google Scholar
- Hokfelt, J.; Edfors, O.; Maseng, T. “Methodical interleaver design for turbo codes”. International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Related Topics, Brest, 1997.Google Scholar
- Hokfelt, J.; Edfors, O.; Maseng, T. “On the theory and performance of trellis termination methods for turbo codes”. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, v. 19, n.5, 2001.Google Scholar
- Giulietti, A., Strum. M., Bougard, B., Van der Perre, L. “Turbo coding for 4G systems: design issues and solutions”. International Telecommunications Symposium 2002 (ITS2002), Natal, Brazil, 2002.Google Scholar