A Nonlinear Map for the Decay to Equilibrium of Ideal Gases
In this communication, we present an operator that governs the discrete time evolution of the velocity distribution of an out-of-equilibrium ideal gas. This nonlinear map, which conserves the momentum and the energy of the ideal gas, has the Maxwellian velocity distribution (MVD) as an asymptotic equilibrium. All these properties are presented in this communication.
- 1.Boltzmann, L.: Lectures on Gas Theory (translated by S.G. Brush). Dover Publications, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Lopez, J.L., Lopez-Ruiz, R., Calbet, X.: Exponential wealth distribution in a random market: A rigorous explanation. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 386, 195–204 (2012); also at arXiv:1103.5703 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Lopez-Ruiz, R., Lopez, J.L., Calbet, X.: Exponential wealth distribution: A new approach from functional iteration theory. In: ESAIM Proceedings, ECIT-2010 Conference, September (2010); also at arXiv:1103.1501 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Maxwell, J.C.: The Scientific Papers of James Clerk Maxwell (ed. by Niven, W.D.). Paper Number XX, vol. I, II. Dover Publications, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Shivanian, E., Lopez-Ruiz, R.: A new model for ideal gases: Decay to the Maxwellian distribution. Physica A 391, 2600–2607 (2012); also at arXiv:1105.4813 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Yakovenko, V.M.: Econophysics, statistical mechanics approach to. In: Meyers, R.A. (ed.) Encyclopedia of Complexity and System Science. Springer, Berlin (2009)Google Scholar