Frequency Dependent IQ Imbalance Estimation and Compensation
For wideband systems, IQ imbalance values may be frequency selective. To do estimation and compensation, the frequency selectivity cannot be neglected. In this chapter, we look at the frequency dependent IQ imbalance estimation and compensation. We first look at the estimation and compensation of IQ imbalance at the transmitter, then look at joint RX IQ imbalance and frequency offset estimation and compensation at the receiver.
KeywordsPilot Symbol Nonlinear Less Square Guard Interval Compensation Structure Pilot Sequence
- 1.“IEEE 802.11ad standard draft D0.1,” [Available] http://www.ieee802.org/11/Reports/tgadupdate.htm.
- 2.M. Dohler, R. W. Heath, A. Lozano, C. B. Papadias, and R. A. Valenzuela, “Is the PHY layer dead?,” IEEE Commun. Mag., pp. 159–165, Apr. 2011.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Valkama, M. Renfors, and V. Koivunen, “Compensation of frequency-selective I/Q imbalances in wideband receivers: Models and algorithms,” Proc. SPAWC 2001, Taoyuan, Taiwan, R.O.C., March 20–23, 2001Google Scholar
- 7.O. Mylläri, L. Anttila, and M. Valkama, “Digital transmitter I/Q imbalance calibration: real-time prototype implementation and performance measurement,” 18th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO-2010), Aalborg, Demark, Aug. 23–27, 2010.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Simoens, M. de Courville, F. Bourzeix, and P. de Champs, “New I/Q imbalance modeling and compensation in OFDM systems with frequency offset,” Proc. IEEE PIMRC 2002.Google Scholar
- 19.T. Schenk, P. Smulders, and E. Fledderus, “Estimation and compensation of TX and RX IQ imbalance in OFDM-based MIMO systems,” Proc. IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, pp. 215–218, 2006.Google Scholar
- 20.R. Chrabieh and S. Soliman, “IQ imbalance mitigation via unbiased training sequences,” Proc. IEEE Globecom 2007.Google Scholar
- 21.E. Lopez-Estraviz, S. D. Rore, F. Horlin, A. Bourdoux, and L. Van der Perre, “Pilot design for joint channel and frequency-dependent transmit/receive IQ imbalance estimation and compensation in OFDM-based transceivers,” Proc. IEEE ICC, 2007.Google Scholar
- 22.E. Lopez-Estraviz and L. Van der Perre, “EM based frequency-dependent transmit/receive IQ imbalance estimation and compensation in OFDM-based transceivers,” Proc. IEEE Globecom, 2007.Google Scholar
- 23.J. Luo, W. Keusgen, and A. Kortke, “Preamble designs for efficient joint channel and frequency-selective I/Q-imbalance compensation in MIMO-OFDM systems,” Proc. IEEE WCNC 2010.Google Scholar
- 25.Y. Li, L. Fan, H. Lin, and M. Zhao, “Simple Method to Separate and Simultaneously Estimate Channel and Frequency Dependent TX/RX IQ Imbalances for OFDM Systems,” submitted, Mar.2013.Google Scholar