In this chapter, an organizational structure is proposed which will allow for a more efficient and effective Analytical Department. The organization is based on a project team model. Discussions on how the team is formed, managed, and the utilization of team dynamics are presented in detail. A process for project risk evaluation based on the project plan is proposed. Among the most basic essentials, and a requirement, in any successful GMP Analytical Chemistry Department is the establishment of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) and working Guidelines. This is the most efficient way to communicate best practices within the group. The essential SOP’s that should be included within a GMP Analytical Chemistry Department is listed within the chapter, along with a template for writing SOP’s.
- 1.Coates and Freeman Inc., (1998) Total quality management consulting. G.D. Searle Inc., ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- 2.Joiner B (1997) 4th generation management. Rosemount HorizonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Pharmaceutical Manufactures Association (1998) Pharmaceutical management development seminar, Columbia University, Arden House, Harriman, NYGoogle Scholar
- 4.GLP’s, 21CFR part 58Google Scholar
- 5.GMP’s, 21CFR part 210 and part 211Google Scholar
- 6.ICH Guidelines, Q1 to Q10Google Scholar