Session 1: Automatic Parenting
What went through your mind when you read this? If you’re like many parents, you can imagine only too well the sense of stress accompanying this scene. Maybe you can imagine the feelings of helplessness, anxiety, anger, and stress; maybe you can even imagine the feeling of tension rising in your chest, your impatience, the thoughts that might run through your mind, and what you might say and do.
KeywordsBody Sensation Good Readability Action Tendency Full Attention Mindful Parenting
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1990). Full catastrophe living. New York: Bantam Doubleday Dell.Google Scholar
- LeDoux, J. (1996). The emotional brain: The mysterious underpinnings of emotional life. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- Sapolsky, R. M. (1994). Why zebras don’t get ulcers. New York: St. Martin’s Griffin.Google Scholar
- Siegel, D. J., & Hartzell, M. (2003). Parenting from the inside out. New York: Penguin.Google Scholar
- Williams, M., Teasdale, J., Segal, Z., & Kabat-Zinn, J. (2007). The mindful way through depression. Freeing yourself from chronic unhappiness. New York: Guilford.Google Scholar