The Pap Test: Technique and Reporting
KeywordsStarch Filtration Leukemia Adenocarcinoma Iodine
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. Practice management – cervix – colposcopy, Originally developed 2002-2004, most recent update, 2010 [online]. Available from: http://www.asccp.org/practicemanagement/cervix/colposcopy/tabid/7506/default.aspx. [cited 1 May 2012].
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (formerly NCCLS). Cervicovaginal cytology based on the Papanicolaou technique; approved guideline. 3rd ed. CLSI document GP15-A3, Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA. 2008; 28(28).Google Scholar
- College of American Pathologists. Cytopathology Checklist. 2010; CYP.07439.Google Scholar
- Cytyc. ThinPrep 2000 operators manual. Boxborough: 1995.Google Scholar
- DeMay RM. The Pap test. Chicago: ASCP Press; 2005.Google Scholar
- DeMay RM. The art & science of cytopathology. 2nd ed. Chicago: ASCP Press; 2012.Google Scholar
- Saslow D, Solomon D, Lawson HW, Killackey M, Kulasingam SL, Cain J, et al. American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. CA Cancer J Clin. 2012;62(3):147–72.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Solomon D, Nayar R. The Bethesda system for reporting cervical cytology. 2nd ed. New York: Springer; 2004.Google Scholar
- SurePath® Collection Product Insert [online] Burlington: TriPath Imaging. 2011. Available from: http://www.bd.com/tripath/downloads/surepath_ctgc/779-07084-00_Rev_B_PI_SP.pdf. [cited 5 July 2012].
- Wilbur DC, Henry MR. College of American pathologists practical guide to gynecologic cytopathology: morphology, management, and molecular methods. Northfield: CAP Press; 2008.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013