Prerequisite interviewing skills for role-playing accuracy include gentle commands , listening , tracking , personal story , contracting , clarifying, eliciting, and responding to emotions, and obtaining theory of illness .
KeywordsCognitive Impairment Suicidal Ideation False Memory Suicidal Thought Mini Mental Status Exam
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 6.Platt FW, Gordon GH. Field guide to the difficult patient interview. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.Coulehan JL, Block MR. The medical interview: mastering skills for clinical practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: F. A Davis; 2006.Google Scholar
- 14.Shea SC. Psychiatric interviewing: the art of understanding: a practical guide for psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, social workers, nurses and other health professionals. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1998.Google Scholar
- 15.Shea SC. The practical art of suicide assessment: a guide for mental health professionals and substance abuse counselors. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley; 2002.Google Scholar
- 16.Pascal G. The practical art of diagnostic interviews. Homewood, IL: Dow Jones-Irwin; 1983.Google Scholar
- 17.Binder J. Pediatric Interviewing: a practical relationship-based approach. New York, NY: Humana Press; 2010.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013