An MDA Based Widget Development Framework
The paper aims to solve the repeated work problem existing in multi-platform widget development and supply a widget development environment which can support for cross-platform development or cross-standards development. A widget development framework called Model-driven Widget Development Framework (MWDF) is proposed. By using MDA, the MWDF can make developer get a visual programming and model driven development environment, and the generated widget can be deployed on many platforms supported by MWDF. For illustration, the architecture of MWDF and implementation of model driven development module are shown to describe the framework. MWDF abstracts the implement in widget development which saves a lot of time for the developer and increases the expandability of the widget.
KeywordsWidget Model driven architecture (MDA) Model transformation
This project was supported by the Special Funds for Key Program of the China (No. 2011ZX0302-004-002); the Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province (No. 2010R50009,2011C33015); the Major Projects on Control and Rectification of Water Body Pollution of China (No. 2009ZX07424-001).
- 1.Miller, J., Mukerji, J: MDA guide version 1.0.1 [EB/OL]. http://www.omg.org/mda/specs.htm (2003)
- 2.Liu, Y., Kang, J., Lu, W: Overview of model-driven architecture. Comput. Sci. (Jisuanji Kexue) 33(3), 224–228 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, M., Chen, Z., Jing, Y.: A MDA based approach for multi-platform application development. Inf. Int. Interdiscip. J. 14, 765–772 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Mattsson, A, Beekveld, M: Simplifying maintenance by using XSLT to unlock UML models in a distributed development environment. Software Maintenance (ICSM), pp. 465–468 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Herrington, J: Code generation in action. Manning Publications co, Greenwich (2003)Google Scholar