Top 10 Things to Know About China in Space
Current Developments in Capabilities: China’s current developments involve on-orbit, launch, and ground segment capabilities. First, it is important to understand basic on-orbit capabilities in the following categories—satellite communications, satellite timing and navigation, ISR, environmental monitoring and disaster management, scientific and human spaceflight efforts, and offensive and defensive counter space.
KeywordsCentral Government Aerospace Industry Cultural Revolution Space Program Confucian Ethic
- 1.Fang Zhongyi, Xu Jianmin, and Guo Lujun. 1997. The development of China’s meteorological satellite and satellite meteorology. In Space science in China, ed. Hu Wenrui, 239. Amsterdam: Gordon and Breach Science PublishersGoogle Scholar
- 2.D., E., Brock. 2009. Science Innovation during the Cultural Revolution: Notes from the Peking Review. Southeast Review of Asian Studies 31: 230.Google Scholar
- 3.Guo, Huadong, and Wu, Ji, eds. 2010. Space science and technology in China: A roadmap to 2050, eds. Beijing: Beijing Science Press.Google Scholar
- 4.Information Office of the State Council of the PRC. 2011. China’s space activities in 2011, 新华, 29 December 2011; Available from http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2011-12/29/c_131333479.htm.
- 5.本刊讯, “中国与美国首次主管部门间卫星网络协调会谈在北京举行,” 中国无线电 5 (2011).Google Scholar