An Improved K-Best MIMO Detection Algorithm for Parallel Programmable Baseband Architecture
In MIMO-OFDM systems with multiple layers spatial multiplexing and high-order QAM, efficient MIMO detection is very significant for receiver design. Among current MIMO detection algorithms, K-Best is a prevailing algorithm with fixable balance between performance and complexity. However, the current K-Best and its varieties are not suitable for parallel programmable baseband architecture, such as DSP with VLIW, SIMD, or vector processing features. In this chapter, an improved K-Best detection algorithm is proposed, and an efficient soft-output algorithm is designed. Simulation results show that its performance is near to general K-Best with lowered time complexity, especially under high SNR. Using this algorithm, the system throughput can be increased in times.
KeywordsTree Search Single Instruction Multiple Data Soft Information Minimum Euclidean Distance MIMO Detection
This work was supported by NSFC (61021001), National Basic Research Program of China (2012CB316002), National S&T Major Project (2010ZX03005-001-02), and China’s 863 Project (Research on the key technology of green networks).
- 3.Ong EH, Kneckt J, Alanen O et al (2011) IEEE 802.11ac: enhancements for very high throughput WLANs. 2011 I.E. 22nd international symposium on personal indoor and mobile radio communications (PIMRC), pp 849–853Google Scholar
- 10.David LM, Emesto Z, John RB, Gerhard F (2008) A framework for fixed complexity breadth-first MIMO detection. In: Proceedings of IEEE 10th international symposium on spread spectrum, Bologna, Italy, Aug, pp 129–132Google Scholar
- 11.Chan AM, Lee I (2002) A new reduced-complexity sphere decoder for multiple antenna systems. IEEE Int Conf Commun 1(7):460–464Google Scholar
- 12.Fasthuber R, Li M, Novo D, Raghavan P, Van der Perre L, Catthoor F (2009) Novel energy-efficient scalable soft-output SSFE MIMO detector architectures. ICSAMOS, pp 165–171Google Scholar
- 13.Shabany M, Vahdat BV (2010) A modified complex K-Best scheme for high-speed hard-output MIMO detectors. 2010 53rd IEEE international Midwest symposium on circuits and systems (MWSCAS), pp 845–848Google Scholar
- 14.Shabany M, Su K, Gulak PG (2008) A pipelined scalable high-throughput implementation of a near-ML K-Best complex lattice decoder. ICASSP: IEEE. ISBN 1-4244-1484-9, S. 3173–3176Google Scholar
- 15.Li Q, Wang Z (2006) An improved K-Best sphere decoding architecture for MIMO systems. Fortieth Asilomar conference on signals, systems and computers ACSSC’06, pp 2190–2194Google Scholar
- 18.Boutros JJ, Gresset N et al (2003) Soft-input soft-output lattice decoder for linear channels. GLOBECOM, pp 1583–1587Google Scholar