Equivalent Models of Wind Farms with Fixed Speed Wind Turbines
In order to simplify the model of wind farms in power system simulations, an equivalent single wind turbine model is presented as the model of wind farms in this chapter. By using a new way to obtain equivalent wind speed, the equivalent model can represent wind farms very well. For illustration, a detailed model and an equivalent model are built and their steady and dynamic performances are compared to show the feasibility of the new way in PSCAD/EMTDC. The simulation results show that errors between the two models are minute under wind speed fluctuation and grid disturbance. The new way to calculate equivalent wind speed is effective and the equivalent model can be used to replace the detailed model of wind farms in power system simulations.
KeywordsWind Speed Wind Turbine Wind Farm Equivalent Model Variable Wind Speed
Project supported by State High-Tech Development Plan (Project 863), Project No. 2011AA05A102. Project Supported by National Key Basic Research Program (Program 973), Project No. 2012CB215104.
- 4.Usaola J et al (2003) Transient stability studies in grid with great wind power generation Modelling issues and operation requirements. In: IEEE power engineering society general meeting, vol 3, pp 1534–1541Google Scholar
- 6.Slootweg JG, Kling WL (2003) Aggregated modelling of wind parks in power system dynamics simulations. IEEE Power Tech Conf 3:626–631Google Scholar
- 8.Su XW, Mi ZQ, Wang Y (2010) Applicability and improvement of common-used equivalent methods for wind farms. Power Syst Technol 34(6):175–180Google Scholar
- 9.Huang M,Wan HY (2009) Simplification of wind farm model for dynamic simulation. Trans China Electrotech Soc 24(9):147–152Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao HL,Wang WQ,Chang XQ (2011) Assessment on the effect of different kinds of wind farm models on wind farm voltage. Renew Energ Resour 29(1):111–114Google Scholar
- 11.Kundur P (1994) Power system stability and control. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar