Part of the Essentials in Cytopathology book series (EICP, volume 12)
KeywordsDust Filtration Albumin Adenocarcinoma Sarcoma
- 1.Papanicolaou GN. Atlas of exfoliative cytology. Cambridge, MA: Published for The Commonwealth Fund by Harvard University Press; 1954. p. 12.Google Scholar
- 2.Graham RM. The cytologic diagnosis of cancer. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W. B. Saunders Company; 1963. p. 347.Google Scholar
- 3.§493.1257 Standard; Cytology. (a)(2) and (3). Federal Reg. 1990; 55(50):9599.Google Scholar
- 4.Koss LG. Diagnostic cytology and its histopathologic bases. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: J. B. Lippincott Company; 1968. p. 604–5.Google Scholar
- 6.Gill GW. A cross contamination control and stain storage system. Cytotechnol Bull. 1975;12(3):12–3.Google Scholar
- 7.Bogdanich W. Physicians’ careless with Pap tests is cited in procedure’s high failure rate. Wall St J. 29 Dec 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.Bogdanich W. Lax laboratories. The Pap test misses much cervical cancer through labs’ errors. Cut-rate ‘Pap mills’ process slides with incentives to rush. Misplaced sense of security? Wall St J. 2 Nov 1987.Google Scholar
- 9.Bogdanich W. False negative. Medical labs, trusted as largely error-free, are far from infallible. Haste, misuse of equipment, specimen mix-ups afflict even best labs at times. Regulation; weak and spotty. Wall St J. 2 Feb 1987.Google Scholar
- 10.Laboratory Requirements. Code of Federal Register. Title 42, Ch. IV, Part 493.1274: Cytology, 10-1-2010 ed.Google Scholar
- 12.Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Interpretive guidelines for laboratories and laboratory services, Subpart K, Part 2. http://www.cms.gov/CLIA/downloads/apcsubk2.pdf. Accessed 8 Feb 2012.
- 13.College of American Pathologists. Cytopathology checklist. Northfield, IL: CAP Accreditation Program; 07.11.2011 Revision.Google Scholar
- 14.Mody DR, Henry M. The rules, tools and jewels of the cytopathology lab inspection. LAP Audioconference. 06.17.2009. http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/education/lapaudio/pdf/061709_presentation.pdf. Accessed 10 Feb 2012.
- 15.Fischer AH. Complying with cross-contamination question. CAP Today. 2010;24(5).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013