Part of the Essentials in Cytopathology book series (EICP, volume 12)
KeywordsMillipore Filter Malignant Effusion Automate Staining Impact Patient Care Interpretive Guideline
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Papanicolaou GN. Atlas of exfoliative cytology. Cambridge, MA: Published for The Commonwealth Fund by Harvard University Press; 1954. p. 12.Google Scholar
- 2.Graham RM. The cytologic diagnosis of cancer. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W. B. Saunders Company; 1963. p. 347.Google Scholar
- 3.§493.1257 Standard; Cytology. (a)(2) and (3). Federal Reg. 1990; 55(50):9599.Google Scholar
- 4.Koss LG. Diagnostic cytology and its histopathologic bases. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: J. B. Lippincott Company; 1968. p. 604–5.Google Scholar
- 6.Gill GW. A cross contamination control and stain storage system. Cytotechnol Bull. 1975;12(3):12–3.Google Scholar
- 7.Bogdanich W. Physicians’ careless with Pap tests is cited in procedure’s high failure rate. Wall St J. 29 Dec 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.Bogdanich W. Lax laboratories. The Pap test misses much cervical cancer through labs’ errors. Cut-rate ‘Pap mills’ process slides with incentives to rush. Misplaced sense of security? Wall St J. 2 Nov 1987.Google Scholar
- 9.Bogdanich W. False negative. Medical labs, trusted as largely error-free, are far from infallible. Haste, misuse of equipment, specimen mix-ups afflict even best labs at times. Regulation; weak and spotty. Wall St J. 2 Feb 1987.Google Scholar
- 10.Laboratory Requirements. Code of Federal Register. Title 42, Ch. IV, Part 493.1274: Cytology, 10-1-2010 ed.Google Scholar
- 12.Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Interpretive guidelines for laboratories and laboratory services, Subpart K, Part 2. http://www.cms.gov/CLIA/downloads/apcsubk2.pdf. Accessed 8 Feb 2012.
- 13.College of American Pathologists. Cytopathology checklist. Northfield, IL: CAP Accreditation Program; 07.11.2011 Revision.Google Scholar
- 14.Mody DR, Henry M. The rules, tools and jewels of the cytopathology lab inspection. LAP Audioconference. 06.17.2009. http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/education/lapaudio/pdf/061709_presentation.pdf. Accessed 10 Feb 2012.
- 15.Fischer AH. Complying with cross-contamination question. CAP Today. 2010;24(5).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013